Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Fourth of July! :)

Hello all!
Many of you may be just waking up to your 4th of July where as for me, I just finished.WOOOOOW...kind of freaky huh? Well pretty much it was the Best 4th of July ever! I had such a blast that I want to write everything out and make sure to remember this day.
1. We had cheeseburgers!!!! Oh my goodness! The food was so American..haha There were hamburgers, hot dogs, vegetables, soda etc. I think we all ate so much of it too. But it was nice having some carrots and dip!!!
2. We had about 40 people there. People included the interns, The CA team, another team( they just came and I forgot their names :), staff, Walters family, and the primary class (I was so happy I got to spend the 4th of July with my kiddos) Everyone had such a good time and it was amazing to all bond as one on Fourth of July.
3.Afterwords, Stacey and I went and jumped on the trampoline. As I told you before, I love spending time with the kids here one on one. Stacey is an amazing girl. She is the oldest here at SFCV but has such amazing spirits. I kept joking with her how she was my older sister (jie jie) We just jumped a little bit but after that we talked, talked, and talked. She was telling me all the things she liked to do and was even teaching me some Chinese (FINALLY, haha i need to keep learning!) I would try to remember it and she would giggle if I got it wrong but it was so much fun! We seriously talked for maybe a good half hour but it was a time that I will never forget. I love my jie jie Stacey! :)
4. Then it was the fire works!!!!!!! booooo yah!!!! And these fireworks are totally illegal in the states. (hehehehe) So Tim and Clay would be lighting them up and the fireworks would be seriously right under me (yes, i was one of the few to be close to the fireworks) All the kids loved it so much and even Joseph sat on my lap during it. (Joseph is about 12 I believe but he still loves his jie jie :) I was holding him close and he kept pretending the fireworks were guns. Fireworks are so awesome!!!!! :):):):)
5. After that we just talked outside which I then talked to Wendy who kept wanting to touch my fat which she said was meat...(thanks Wendy :) It is amazing what G has been doing with Wendy and my relationship. I can totally see her opening up to me more which is such a G thing. We even held hands for a while and then laughed. Thanks G soooo very much! :)

Anyways, it was quite an adventure!! I am amazed how many events can happen in one day. My focus right now is just to take one day at a time. July 4th was pretty awesome and I hope July 5th will be the same.

*I will try to post some pics Annie took of last night but right now, I need to go to bed.
Good night all and Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I think you have the best blog EVER. I LOVE IT!! TY so much for posting all of these amazing pics and stories!! YOU are such a bl*ssing to these beautiful children and country. And, you, Mel, are GLOWING! SO BEAUTIFUL! Hug those presh kids bunches for me. Happy to have my Olivia home seven years now. =))) Talking to J lots! Huggies, L.

    ReplyDelete