Friday, July 29, 2011

SURPRISE!

Here are just some random pictures from the week to enjoy! Oh and also about the big surprise! :)

So i was planning on having my dad come to visit me for about a week. So when Thursday came around, I hopped into the van with the driver and waited for him at the gate.
Little did I know that walking out of the gate would be my MOM and DAD! haha I was completely shocked. I literally had my mouth wide open and gave her a hug. I mean, who would have thought both of my parents would be here in China! Who knew??? :):)
But needless to say, my parents are amazing. They have been here now for a day and a half and they are doing great! They are helping me in classes, talking with people, and playing with the kids.I mean here is my dad being all play rough with the kids while my mom has Blossom resting on her lap. So adorable! My favorite part though is that the kids are calling them "Melissa Mama" and "Melissa BaBa." Love it love it love it! :)
To be honest, i really thought they would just sit in the back the whole class time. Um, nope!! I was totally wrong. They were talking to each of my students, laughing with them, and helping! They were amazing!
I mean they are so supportive of me being here which is just so great. As I look into the future, I know I will be needing them to help me along the way. And supporters too, oh and of course J*sus!!!!!!...haha

Everything has been going swell here! I have been kept very busy so I haven't had time to blog that much. Thank you for being so patient and I promise you a blog very soon! :)

4 comments:

  1. LOVE. :)
    Miming, I have to say that after Him, your parents are your biggest supporters -- they've been dreaming and planning for this for quite a while now... sooooo hard to keep it quiet!!! haha I'm very happy for all of you! What a BLESSING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you as you enjoy having your sweet parents there!!! LOVE it!!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are in SF now waiting a flight to Portland. We think you are pretty awesome as we witnessed how you taught the classes. So fun. Will be posting pics today. Dad

    ReplyDelete