Friday, August 5, 2011

Mariah becomes Brookie

It was a hot Friday afternoon in July. Everyone was playing out in the playground, the hot playground where everyone is sweating profusely from playing. :)
I was swinging Mariah in the swing when Eric told me Sara was calling for me. I immediately knew what she was calling about. Mariah's family was about to arrive!!!! I quickly grabbed Mariah from the swing. She had no clue what was going on( I think) but she still held my hand into the Inn.
Sara told me to cool her off and so I gave her some water and sat her down on my lap. She was so quiet drinking her water. (Mariah is a very loud girl so this was surprising)I wonder what she was thinking during that time. Finally I saw a van pull up and I quickly told Sara they were here.
As they were getting out of their car, I was so overjoyed not only for Mariah to meet her forever family but that also...I WAS ABLE TO BE WITNESS IT! :) hehe It was adorable seeing her say hello to her parents for the first time. She not only let them hug her but also they were able to hold her!! how sweet! She was quiet for a while but then ended up being her loud normal self!
It was such an amazing experience and I'm so glad I was able to be there when Mariah became Brookie. :) I pr0y she will treasure her family as much as they treasure her.

Congrats Brookie! I will miss your loud self, always wanting me to paint your nails. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, another incredible G experience. That is amazing and we are so excited for Brookie. She has a forever family...incredible. Great pics, especially the one with you smiling!!! I love you...Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the sweetest story and can't wait for it to be us getting Will!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete