Saturday, August 20, 2011

It's hard to say goodbye to primary. :(

Hello all!
Sorry I never posted a blog about me leaving China. I was so caught up in leaving that I didn't have time to write out all that was happening. So now, at 1:50am (got to love jet lag), I will tell you all about my last day at SFCV.
So I decided I wanted one last primary class before I left at noon on Wednesday. I wanted it to be a fun day!! I told the kids it was a party! I prepped for Bingo and was ready to play Teacher vs. Students with them. It turned out to be a very fun class! We were all laughing and I was just goofing around with them soaking up the moment. When it was time to go, I usually always tell them: " Have a great day! See you tomorrow!" But this time I couldn't. Trying not to cry, I told them I was leaving today and that I had such an amazing time teaching English with them.
Then, Teacher Wang told the kids to give me something. All of the kids had made me necklaces and drawn pictures. Each picture was so unique but mostly all of them wrote they loved me. Now, this is when I broke down crying. Shelby held my hand the whole time and the kids then left for lunch. I kept crying and crying, looking at each picture they drew for me. After class, I was a complete mess. I kept crying that I barely even said goodbye to a lot of the kids. I made sure to say goodbye to Wendy and Stacey but it was still hard for me to even do that.
I never expected having such a hard time leaving these kids. Throughout the week, I knew it was almost time for me to leave. But knowing I was probably going to come back next summer, really helped me cope with leaving....until it came to Wednesday and I was actually...leaving.
These kids helped me realize how much I love to teach. Yes they can be dysfunctional, yes they can not pay attention during reading time, and yes, they can get so loud I have to be angry but they are my kids and I love them for that!
My primary kids:
 Shelby: Whenever i ask her to say a word, she always adds no before it. "No, wake up." :)
 Joseph: Whenever I ask him to spell a word, he freaks out but is able to spell it perfectly. :0
 Blossom: She didn't know one word of English when she moved to SFCV, slowly but surely, she is picking it up. :)
 Jerak: He can't stay in his seat for more than 2 seconds but loves to say a question is "Too easy!"
 Hayden: At first she would just draw in my class but now she is actually wanting to learn English! :)
 Seth: He is the best speller in the world!
 Elizabeth: This girl can be so competitive in games that she will start crying if she is not winning. Love her! :)








3 comments:

  1. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH....you are making your mother cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not just your mama! Thank you for investing your summer in loving these kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mom, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH...that was a tough blog, but a good one because you did make an impact in their lives.

    ReplyDelete