Thursday, August 11, 2011

Happy 2 months in China!! :)

 

From today, I have been in this lovely country for exactly two months. Wait a minute; has it really been two months? It's gone by too fast.

This is the longest time I have ever been in another country and I'm sure it won't be my last. J But it is just amazing for me to think that I have been gone for 2 months.

 

As I look back at the 2 months, I realize all the events I missed:

-Father's Day

-Dad's 50th Birthday Celebration at Disneyland (jealous…yes me too) J

-4 weddings

-Birthday parties

-Helping my brother move into his first apartment

-Saying goodbye to friends who already went back to college

(There might be more but I'm glad I only know of these events)

 

Looking at this list, I almost become sad about it. But then I have to remember,

-I will have seen 3 gotcha days!! (Tomorrow, Lexi will meet her forever family)

(I should end the blog now because being able to witness a gotcha day has been my favorite thing of all!!!! But I better share with you some other things)

But if I wasn't here this summer, I would:

-Never would have realized how much I love teaching.

-Never would have desired to become an OTA

-Never would have called Sara Grandma

-Never would have met such amazing interns! Love you guys!

-Never would have met the Bakers, Clay and Jewel

-Never would have become friends with quiet Wendy who has now become outgoing to me.

-Never would have called Stacey Jie Jie

-Never would have played cards with Grady

-Never would have wrestled with Joseph

-Never would have made funny faces with Elizabeth

-Never would have loved hanging out with Blossom

 

Well, I could keep going on and on but that would make my blog very… very long.

 

The whole point of it is to realize how grateful I am for G to allow me to be here. I have always wanted to work with orphans in China.  Now that I am here, I just love being here so much!!!!!

 

Thank you so much G for allowing me to spend my whole summer in this wonderful place! Thank You for helping me randomly find this place on the internet! Thank You for giving me awesome supporters and pr*yers warriors for this trip!

 

You are awesome G!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, just simply amazing that in two months time all this would happen: Direction, relationships, bonding, learn new skills, family, and an experience that is life changing. He really is in control and desirous of our best when we say take control or do His work. I am thrilled with you! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just smiling....just wait til you have a daughter and she gets to live her dream!! Of course finding SFCV on the internet was NOT random...it was G#d's plan all along. We can all see that now. Can't wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO thankful you were there and able to love on our little guy!!! Looking SO forward to our gotcha day or as we call it Will Day! :) Blessings to you for all you have experienced!!! God is awesome!!!
    In His Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In just the first couple of months that I'm there I will end up missing
    - the birth of my very first niece
    - dad's bday
    - thanksgiving
    - christmas

    yeah, I'm going to miss a lot in a year, but I wouldn't trade it for anything because I get to spend a year with those kids.

    ReplyDelete