Saturday, August 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Seth and Elizabeth!

On Friday, we not only celebrated one birthday but TWO birthdays! Seth was not feeling well on his actual birthday (Thursday) so we celebrated it on Friday with Elizabeth.
Now since I am an intern here, it is my duty to figure out some type of birthday food for the kids. I baked a cake for Jerak's birthday and barely any of the kids ate the cake.:( What can I say? I guess I'm not that good of a cook. :)

As it came closer to celebrating Elizabeth's and Seth's birthday, I started to worry about what to make them. Luckily, a team left a big gallon of pudding. Bethany (ESL intern) and I decided we would do pudding cups with pieces of Oreo cookies on it.

So we quickly prepped the pudding cups and took them into the school house. We were also able to put candles in them because Mama Jewel had candle stands! (Thanks Mama Jewel) We then lit the candles and headed into their classroom! We sang Happy Birthday in English and Chinese to our 2 kids! They had such big smiles on their faces. It's always fun to celebrate birthdays here because it recognizes each individual and how special they are. Anyways, we served them the pudding cups and guess what...THEY LOVED IT! They even wanted to have seconds!! How cool is that?

I was so thankful G helped me and Bethany think of a fantastic way in celebrating Elizabeth and Seth's birthday. Seth even thanked me! He is so sweet!

Photo credit goes to Bethany! Thanks Bethany girl for taking pictures!

2 comments:

  1. Great job Mel. Nothing says I love you like pudding!!! Happy Birthday Seth and Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete