Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sweet Diane

Ni hao!
As I walk into House of Love, there are MANY kids who come up to you and want to hold you, play with you etc. You have Lexie who is absolutely adorable and knows it to Eric who wants to just play rough with you. Out of all those kids though, there is one little girl who sits alone and does her own activity. But when she sees you, she dies to be held.
This little 2 almost 3 year old is named Diane. Diane's favorite thing in the world is to have someone hold her. So when she makes eye contact with ya, she comes up, puts her hands out, and grasps onto you so tight.
Whenever I feel tired and want someone to hold, I always go to her. It is amazing the feeling I get when I hold Diane. It is different than any other kid here. For example, I held Melissa today and she only held onto me for a little but then wanted to go play. Diane holds on so tight that when you have to go, she will grab your hair and cry so hard. I always hate leaving her. :(
As i was holding her today, I was thinking about how much this little girl needs a mother. The staff have told me that she may be Autistic which is surprising because she loves being held by people. I pr*y though that some family will love her. I pr*y she will have a mother/ father that she can hold onto so tight. But must importantly, I pr*y she finds J*sus.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is so incredible and very moving. I can't wait to see her and yet I will do what you are doing, hoping she will get a home. Thanks for talking about the kids, it shows me that it is definitely worth while that you are there.

    ReplyDelete