Friday, June 17, 2011

Mel's Monday-Friday Schedule

Hello!!
Thanks you all for being so patient about this blog!!! Patience is a virtue. hehe but really, thank you all who are interested in this little journey I'm in.
First of all, I must inform you, I don't play with kids 24/7. This would be nice but Clay and Jewel(intern coordinators) keep us interns VERY busy. So here's my schedule (or was my schedule for
the past week)
7:00am-This is usually when I get up, shower, etc. etc. etc. :)
10:00-11:00am-Teach Primary class English!! This is the class I will be with throughout my time here. It is a wide variety of 8 kids. 8 years old is the youngest to 16 years old as the oldest.
11:30am-LUNCH (This is when the staff eats lunch)
12:30-1:30pm:Annie and I teach Wendy, Grady, and Stacy who are teens that are around our age. We also get some adults who come in to learn English too.
2:30-3:30pm: Teach Kindergarten class English. This includes lots of songs, crafts, and stories!! Next week, she will be taking the Kindergarten class while I take the Primary class.
3:30-5:00pm: After we are done with our classes, we
immediately put our school stuff away and go hangout at a house. At SFCV, there are about 5 homes. We always have a hard time deciding which house to go to but that's when we are able to spend LOTS of time with the kids :) This is one of my favorite parts :)
Around 6-6:30pm depending on what we are cooking, the interns and I cook dinner. For example, tonight we ate banana pancakes and talked for a while. :)
After we might hangout or something but then I am usually in
bed by 10pm because I'm usually sooooo tired.
Tomorrow will mark the first week I have been at SFCV! Wow, it's amazing to think I have only been here for a week when it seems like I have been here for a while. It took some time to adjust to the daily schedules and such but I truly love it here. I love how everyone's focus is of course serving G but also to LOVE ON THESE KIDS!! :) This is my kind of place then. haha

2 comments:

  1. Kids, kids, kids, it seems that it is all about the kids. No wonder you love it. Thanks for serving! I am thrilled that you are settling in. I do miss you but, yet it seems like you are not far away. You are doing a great job!! Give those kids some hugs from us. Also, I have my flights scheduled for arrival on the 28th and leaving on the 2nd late. Woohoo, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy day....I'm exhausted just reading about it and I know you all have prep work, etc...whew!

    ReplyDelete