Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy Gotcha Day! :)



The day is finally here. Miss Olivia met her forever family today!!!!!They arrived to SFCV at 10:30am and weren't able to see her until 2:30pm because she was napping. I could tell they were nervous and dying to hold their little girl in their arms.
As I was walking back from teaching my crazy preschoolers, I glanced at the gazebo to see Olivia with her forever family. They were holding her so close which just melted my heart.. I was SOOOOO happy for her that I just wanted to keep watching them the whole time. I even tried to take a picture of it from far away. Is that too creepy? :)
Ever since then, i have been in SUCH a good mood. I mean I am just so happy for Olivia that she has a forever family. I'm so happy for the family that they have a little girl now. Today when they were holding her, I saw them talking to some people, introducing her as their daughter. Can you say awwwwwwwwwwwwwww? :)
It's funny though because that's all I have been able to think about...like seriously all I can think about. When I was with the other interns, I kept talking about it and they were like "You are still talking about this?" haha I guess I'm just weird like that.
Well this blog feels like it is just a ramble but needless to say, I want to do this. I want to help orphans find families for the rest of my life. But is that what G wants? Stay tuned :)

3 comments:

  1. A very high calling...but I think you'd be great at it, Mel! Believe me, I'm staying tuned...and praying!(Oh and I'm so so so happy for Olivia and her wonderful forever family and, no, I don't think you're creepy! I think you are a person who deeply cares about others and the quality of their lives.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my girl. Passionate and exited about the things that are important! Don't let anyone steal your joy. I am so exited for Olivia and for you that you are getting to experience your dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every Olivia <3 needs a forever family. =) Mel, G is using you so much! ZERO creepin', haha!!

    ReplyDelete