Friday, June 10, 2011

So here's how it all started

Hello family, friends, and whoever else feels the need to stalk my blog :)
First off I want to thank you all for your pr*yers and support as I take this journey into China w/J*sus! :) If it weren't for you all, I would not be able to go so I thank you. I feel so blessed by you and so I just want to emphasize again...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! :)
So many of you might be wondering, "why is this crazy 19 year old girl spending her whole summer in China?" Well as I think of that, I realize more and more that this dream is all from J*sus because who would do what I am about to do in 13 hours, 58 minutes, and 7 seconds. :) Soooo here's how it all started...
When I was in Junior High, some family friends of ours (Hi Mannings) said " We are adopting from China!" As they were telling us more about it, I was amazed of how there could be facilities filled with unwanted little girls!!! I immediately became fascinated with this whole process of adopting from China. After I believe a couple years, they were able to adopt their little girl from China. I remember going to see them at the airport and just being overjoyed in seeing how much love they had for Olivia.
 Ever since then, I have become obsessed with China. Whenever anyone talked about China, I so badly wanted to hear what they were saying. I would borrow many China books from the library and literally spent HOURS looking up any American- run orphanages located there. I even decorated my room with a lovely Asian theme. :) As I said before, I was obsessed.
Finally, the summer of 2008, I and 14 boys and girls from different parts of the US were able to  travel to Southern China, teaching English to older students and helping with construction at a Children Home. At 16, I was finally able to go to the place I had been dreaming my whole life!!!! It was such a big deal for me!!I had an amazing time there and to make a long story short, I just loved it! :) I remember our last Sunday there, we were all singing some Chinese song. (or at least trying to) At a time when I should be so sad to leave this beautiful country, I wasn't. I had such amazing peace and knew I would be back to China.
So here I am, J*sus has given me an AMAZING opportunity to live out my dream in working in a Chinese orphanage. I will be at Shepherd's Field Children's Village from June 11th-August 17th. There I will be teaching English and loving on kids all day!!! I will make sure to post as much as I can but if you have any questions please just email me.
China has always been my dream, working at an orphanage there is my dream and this summer I will be able to fulfill it!! I can't wait to take this journey and see what J*sus has in store for me :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, It was great to hear your story! Mine sounds pretty similar, except it's Africa and China! :) I can't wait to follow your journey! I hope someday I can also teach at SFCV! I am so excited for you! Have an amazing trip, and love on little Luke for me! (He's my sponsor child in Samaritan's House!) Thank you for doing what you are doing, it take courage and obedience!! WE need more people like you! :)

    ReplyDelete