Friday, June 24, 2011

Thankful

Hello my friends and family!
If you all want to know what I am doing right this second, I am sitting in my room, relieved that I am done with classes for the week, and waiting for Annie to be done with Kindergarten so we can see some of the younger kids who stay in the house! :)
I can't believe it has been 2 weeks since I left Oregon!!!  It has felt like I have been here forever. I have made so many great connections and I am not even half way through my trip! It is all from G though and I am so thankful for it too.
As I walked home from school today, I was thinking to myself how lucky I am. This has been a dream of mine like FOREVER! I have always wanted to be in China working with the orphans and BAM G is letting me live out my dream. It's funny sometimes to think over how I dreamed of being here. This place has beaten all my expectations!!!!!!!!! :) I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! (Sorry, my inner child is coming out) :) Anyways, I am utterly blessed and am again so thankful how G has helped me throughout this trip!!! Sometimes I worry about how and what to teach the kids, but with G on my side, I can do ALLL things.
Oh and also, THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ENDLESS SUPPORT! It helps me to remember that it just isn't me who is in China but all of you who are here with me through your Pr*y*rs and Support! Again, thank you so much for helping me live out my dream.
Well got to go play with some kids :) I'll post some pictures when I can...thanks for being patient!! :)
Mel

3 comments:

  1. Peace, it is a hard to find and to accomplish, especially when we try to achieve it ourselves. But when it does come around, wow, incredible, this is what I am supposed to be doing and it comes from an awe and amazement that comes from Him who is greater. incredible. You are never alone, you are constantly guided, and you are always taken care of. I am thankful that you are in His hands. i love you and I am so thankful for you and the experience you are having. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you! Tell us who is smiling in the pic with you there please :-)
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. And btw...don't even really miss you yet since I see you and talk practically everyday...teehee! Think I'll bake the inventor of SKYPE some cookies :-)

    ReplyDelete