Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Trust



Hello all!
Sorry I haven't blogged for a while. I have been quite busy in the mornings along with hanging out with fellow interns at night. Here are some updates of what has been happening this week.
Sunday, I had my first chance to barter!! It was quite fun actually and I got some good items from it. For example, I bought Kung Fu Panda 2 for a dollar! We(Annie, Irene, and I) spent about 4 hours shopping! It was a fun time and I'm glad I did it even if it seemed like I was being mean to the people I was bartering with :)
So starting this week and throughout the summer, Annie and I will now be tutoring the Baker boys. The Bakers are the founders of SFCV and have adopted 4 kids from China. I am working with Philip, the youngest of the Baker boys. He is 9 years old and has SOOOO much energy. For example, after he completed some math problems, I gave him 60 seconds of pure freedom which he used by running around a table...enough said. He can be quite a handful but I like the challenge and I am excited to be helping out the Bakers.
Also this week and throughout the summer, I will be teaching a preschool class English. It is so different teaching primary to now teaching preschool but all the kids there are of course, ADORABLE, so I can't complain too much.:) We are teaching them the alphabet and having them color pictures. For example, yesterday was the letter A and so they colored an alligator.
Which now brings us to today, At 4:30am, I woke up with an upset stomach. I immediately went to the bathroom and just lied down on the floor waiting for it to pass. Sadly from it, I threw up 4 times which felt good at the time but now I have felt gross all day. So now, I have just been sleeping and completely bored! :( I couldn't go to any of my classes today. Oh and I guess everyone knows I threw up here cause when people asked where i was, the kids would tell them I was puking..yeah...
But I am trying to look on the brighter side of it. I have been thinking a lot and talking to G about what His plan is for me. I just need to trust in Him and know that He IS IN CONTROL! Maybe I just needed a day to reply more on G...who knows but for now, i am just trusting.

1 comment:

  1. LOl...you could never be mean! I'm sure they knew you were trying to barter and were playing along!
    Bummer you got sick but I'm glad you took the time to rest and pr*y and reflect on G*od's goodness. Glad we got to chat and that you seemed pretty perky for someone who had been so sick!
    I sure hope I get to meet the Barker one of these days...they must be amazing people!
    TTYL...hugs from home, Mom

    ReplyDelete