Sunday, June 12, 2011

No worries...I did not die while traveling to China :)

Hello all!
Sorry I haven't posted in like FOREVER! Internet has been weird for some of the networks but now it is working!! YEAH!!!
So Saturday was just introducing myself to the other interns and such. We had dinner together, checked my email, and fell asleep..aka JET LAG!
Sunday has been quite busy. The interns and i went to a ch*rch in Beijing. It was ginormous!!! And small world has it, I say a girl who went to my old church (Marinda Parks) there. It was a lovely service with a Chinese man kept turning around and taking pictures of my friend Annie and I ( She has blond hair and I have curly hair..very unusual in China) It was an English service which included worship songs, message, and communion. After service, we headed toward lunch. Some of the interns were in one taxi car while a visitor named Becca and I were in the other taxi. While we were driving, our taxi driver pulled over to the side and opened the top of the car indicating to us something was wrong with the car. To make the long story short: we had to sit on the side of the road while our taxi driver was trying to fix the car. I wasn't worried at all which is surprising because first of all, we had no phone and both of us couldn't speak Chinese. (I pretty much just laughed through this whole situation :) Everything worked out though, the other taxi driver took us to the lunch area and we scarfed down noodles!! ( For me, I had breakfast around 8am and didn't eat lunch until almost 3pm so I was starving)
After lunch we caught up with the other interns and then did lots of shopping. It is amazing to see how many Caucasians are in Beijing. I was so suprised with how many but then a couple hours I realized...IT'S A TOURISTY COUNTRY! haha silly me.
Oh....I forgot to tell you all...I SAW SOME OF THE KIDS TODAY. I was seriously so overwhelmed to see them! I was trying so hard to not ball my eyes out because I have waited so long to see them!! I met the other famous other "Melissa" She is about 20 months old and ADORABLE!!!! I am completely in love with her and I'm think of making someone from my ch*rch adopt her...any takers?  Anyways..I met more of the kids too and they were just all sweet and you can sense how much love is in this place. No worries, I'll make sure to post pictures of these adorable kids!!!!!!!!! :)
I can still tell that I have jet lag. I am quite emotional and very tired!!! But G*d is pulling me through which is all I need. Tomorrow we will just be doing prep work and also doing an older kids class.
Well, I think all the interns and i are going to watch a movie hopefully I won't fall asleep during it! :)
Love and miss you all very much! :)

Mel

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mel, thanks for the blog. The word "flexible" is a key word for traveling. You are continually being taken care of. So faithful. I missed my brunch buddy today, but I give praise that you get to live your dream. Continue to pour out love on those children. Know that we love you and you are in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete